burlap-a girl's best friend!

Monday, January 11, 2010 |

i got this cork board this past summer out of someone's trash! (yes-i am that type of person. but it was on the top-not hiding under gross food and diapers! it was ASKING to be saved from the landfill!) there is/was absolutely nothing wrong with it except it was boring. the person who was throwing this away had no imagination!
the first thing i did was mask off the cork and paint the frame black. i wasn't sure what fabric i was going to use on this for along time. like 4 months.
then the burlap revolution hit! i swear everywhere i looked-there was a new burlap project! here was my favorite (ok-it was a project i did! but still one of my favorites!).
i found this cool ribbon at dumb old walmart, and just hot-glued it on. i boogered up one corner and that is why the flu-de-lis on on here. but i think it adds something. so maybe i shouldn't tell people why...
so my love affair with burlap is still on. so is my love of people who don't see potential in their trash! KEEP IT COMING!

3 comments:

tinahead81 said...

so cute!!

Rosemary said...

Hi,
Nice to meet you!!
I love burlap!! I use it a lot lately.
Chat soon,
Rosemary

Summer Miller said...

wow. Nice....and you had time to come rescue my kids from the hospital too. You are amazing.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home