14 days until my birthday!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 |
i love my birthday.
seriously, i would marry it if i could.
i just think it is the greatest thing in the world.
just in case you didnt know it is my birthday month, here is a little craft to help you realize it!
i started with 1 yard of funky fabric, 1/2 yard of flannel, and 1/4 yeard of just regular white fabric.
i figured out how many triangles i needed for my banner (20-and i still have left overs!). like my method of cutting? i marked 10" on the peice of wood and went to town.
next i pinned all the funky fabric triangles to the flannel so that they would have some backing to them. the fabric, although funky, wasnt thick enough.
then i got some of the scraps (i alternated between the funky and the flannel) and sewed them to make a line to hang all the triangles on. i also tided some scraps of fabric and pink tulle at the ends for that added bit of girly-ness!
now-what i should have done first was stamp out the letters. i have like 4 sets of foam stamps, but these are my favorite. i used them here, wth some aqua-y paint. (you cant tell but there is some aqua in the funky print) these take a bit to dry.
then after cutting and sewing the letters on-TA-DA! a huge reminder that it is MY birthday month!
(yes, i do get a month! all 3 boys get their own birthday week. the'd get more if they werent all in november.)

here is the end product! it says 'happy birthday month ba'!  







Photobucket







Life in the Pitts







10 comments:

tinahead81 said...

hahahaha!! LOVE it!! man, i should have done that!! maybe hubs would have remembered what i wanted earlier than 3 days before!!!

Summer Miller said...

I love it. I think its great how much you love your birthday. I think maybe I need to start celebrating mine.

Mom2fur said...

What a cute idea! Me, I never look forward to my birthday but always end up very happy on the day. I'll probably stick with the one day thing, but I'd sure keep that awesome banner up for all of January.
At least it would be a little different than the usual "winter" decor!

Unknown said...

Your Birthday banner looks GREAT! Thanks for linking it up to Anything Related!
~Bridgette

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

I love your banner...lets you celebrate all month! Thanks for dropping by and your sweet comment on the numbered boxes.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Love your banner! Is it too late to wish you a Happy Birthday? Hope not!

seven thirty three said...

Such a great banner... I should really get to work on my daughters - but I'm being lazy!

Thanks for linking up today.
Kim

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Love your birthday banner!! I keep telling myself that I need to make one!

Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!!

Helena said...

That birthday banner is awesome! Nice job!

Thank you for linking this to A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts

Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity said...

Love the banner! Thanks for linking up this week. I hope you'll join me tomorrow for another great party!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home