oh pickles!

Friday, August 13, 2010 |
recently i tried making pickles.
not something i ever did in my childhood (we made wine like good italians), but something that sounded fun.
and let me say-so freaking easy too!
(i got this receipe from real simple, august 2010)

dill pickles

4 kirby cucumbers, quartered lengthwise
3/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 small, sweet onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves of garlic
3/4 cup hot water
2 T sugar
1 t dill seed
1 t black peppercorns
1 bay leaf
kosher salt
place the cucumbers in a 1 quart jar (i used mason jars) with a tight lid.
in a bowl, combine everything BUT the cucumbers in a bowl and stir until sugar dissolves.
pour the mixture into the jar with the cucumbers already inside. leave in the fridge for at least 1 day before eating. they will only last 1 week, so eat 'em FAST!
All Thingz Related

4 comments:

Trish said...

I think we'll stick to making wine. Not big fans of pickles. ;)

Summer Miller said...

So why didn't you can them so they'd last all winter? I am getting tons of cucumbers out of my garden and want to make them. I worry about them being squishy though.

The Shrub said...

NOM Pickles! Have fun! I wish I could be there to taste test them! :)

Unknown said...

Well we love this easy recipe, and I'm going to test it out tomorrow! If I can make pickles then ANYONE can! Thanks Ba!
Amber @ Aunt Peg's

Newer Posts Older Posts Home